How to Beach-Proof Your Car This Summer
Frequent trips to the beach bring joy to your family and grit into your car. As any parent or pet owner knows, just one afternoon at the playa can introduce a whole lot of other undesirable elements into a vehicle, as well. And once it’s in, good luck getting it out.
The sand and heat can take a toll on a car over time. Tsunami Car Wash knows a thing or two about maintaining a car’s cleanliness. After all, the Mount Pleasant location offers five different cleaning options, depending on your needs. We focus on providing the highest quality treatment for every vehicle that passes through. So, this summer, take a few extra precautions along with the sunblock and snacks and keep out some of that unwanted debris.
5 Tips for Keeping Sand Out of Your Vehicle
First, let’s start with the most obvious of culprits: the sand that manages to find its way into every nook and cranny. Following these simple steps will minimize the intrusion of sand into your vehicle this summer.
- Cover your car seats. Drape a beach blanket or sheet over the seats so they cover as much surface area as possible. Keep some extras in the trunk that can be removed and brought to the beach as needed.
- Bring portable chairs. They’re inexpensive and weigh next to nothing. Sitting in a chair instead of lying on a towel not only keeps away the sand, but it may also be more comfortable. Better yet, chairs allow you to use those towels for drying off after your swim so sand won’t coat your wet body.
- Shake out towels, shoes and clothing. Take an extra minute to shake out as much sand as possible from towels and beach blankets before leaving.
- Rinse off beach toys. You might even want to dip the bottom of the cooler in the water before putting it in your car. Look for a public faucet when you arrive; then rinse off items before heading back to the car.
- Brush off yourself. Using your hands or an old brush, try to remove any remaining sand from your feet, legs and elsewhere. Your hair may need a last-minute shaking, as well.
Avoid Heat and Sun Damage to Your Vehicle’s Exterior and Interior
Our skin isn’t the only thing that can become sun damaged without sufficient protection. Your car’s interior and exterior can also take a beating from the sun’s dangerous rays. Fortunately, Wisconsin has plenty of trees to provide shade for parking. Aim for those spots that will maintain more shade as the sun moves throughout the afternoon. Installing a windshield sun protector and seat covers can also help keep your paint job from fading and the seats from cracking in the summer heat.
Thoroughly Clean Your Car at Wisconsin’s Premium Mount Pleasant Car Wash
Wisconsin summers are full of opportunities to camp, hike or just hang out at the beach. Just remember that all that sand and grit from the road can eventually make its way into your car – not just between the seats, but also into your undercarriage and engine. Regular car washes are important this time of year. Fortunately, Tsunami’s automated car wash services have been fine-tuned to target specific areas of your car with water blasters that are hard to reach by hand.
Next time you’re headed back from the beach, swing by Tsunami in Mount Pleasant to:
- Choose from several high-end wash options.
- Upgrade to a hot wax or UX ultimate shield treatment.
- Take advantage of our free vacuums and carpet floor mat cleaners.
- Be in and out in minutes.
Tsunami Express Car Wash in Mount Pleasant, WI, is the area’s leading car wash serving Racine County and surrounding areas. We offer multiple affordable car wash services for different needs. Ask about our V.I.P. Club memberships and corporate accounts.